I'm thinking about trying something new... I'm going to buy my bag, which one I'm not sure yet, and then I am going to put my budget on Ice. Save from food purchases and trips to visit Elizabeth, I am going to stop buying Cords for Chapel, new things for others and myself. I am going to conscientiously attempt to make myself the substitute for the stuff I buy. Rather then buy something for somebody, what would it look like to be with them. Rather then buying something for a ministry, maybe I could find a way to be the ministry.
The reduction in the amount of stuff that I own is super important, right now I think that all the stuff that I own in this world could fit into two carloads (they might have to be my dad's van) but I think that is decent for everything that I own. But I really hope, for the time being to get it down to one. And I want to stop finding so much satisfaction in having the next thing, what if I just try and be the next best thing that I want to have...
For the next month, I am going to resist every temptation to buy a new thing, and to spend money in unnecessary ways... I know economists are telling me that this is a bad time to start becoming conscientious about my finances, but it is for my own good and sanity in the long run...
God bless,
Jon

1 comment:
hey, I changed the addy of my blog to www.coreygrazul.blogspot.com.
much love, corey
Post a Comment